UX Bootcamp: General Assembly, June 2017
I was asked to simplify a barista’s process of tracking beverage inventory before and after a work shift.
A mobile app named INVIN that leverages the bars already existing inventory into a curated mobile chart organized by type and brand of alcohol.
UX Designer and Researcher in a team of 3
My team developed a list of questions to use in a mock interview with a classmate.
· What is the easiest part of your job?/ What is the hardest?
· How often do you have to take inventory?
· How long does it take?
· What is the communication process between you and your boss?
· How dramatic is it if there’s an error?
· When is the re-ordering process?
· How is the other inventory of the restaurant tracked?
· Name- Dan
· Age- 25
· Sex- Male
· Occupation- Grad Student, Non-profit entrepreneur
· Status- Single
· Motivations- To pay for grad school
· Goals- To be a social worker once she graduates
· Frustrations- Money, balancing school and work
· Personality- Hard worker, social and out going, organized
· 3:15- Put bar together, prepare fruit and garnishes, take stock, set up the station
· 5:30- Bar opens, intense before-dinner rush, barista finds flow
· 11:00- Barista re-stocks the bar and updates the manager on what needs to be ordered, cleans bar
· 12:30/1:00am- Time to go home!
Ideation and User Flow:
User Ability Testing:
· Need to add a log-out button
· Need to add a search bar (forgot to add during sketch)
· Correlate numbers in the inventory tab to add and subtract how many bottles are at the bar versus in stock
· Need to display individual message, all employee message, sales rep message
· Need to add a time and date log-in so that manager can track Barista’s work
· Need place to set bar inventory standards, which will correlate to the alerts
· Need contact sheet for sales reps
· A mobile app that leverages the various organization resource apps
· Focus on fostering better communication between employees
· Build trust between barista and manager
· Build a stronger relationship between bar and sales reps